Why bureaux need help with administration
Because each citizens advice bureau is an independent charity, bureaux need good admin support to keep running smoothly. Bureaux work with confidential client records that must be carefully managed so that clients get the right advice at the right time.
What kind of things do admin volunteers do?
There are many different administrative roles in the CAB. Each bureau has different admin needs, so contact your local bureau or apply to be a volunteer online if you’d like to know more about how you can help your local bureau.
The kinds of tasks done by bureau admin workers include:
- Updating leaflets and local information resources
- Filing client records
- Receiving and sending faxes, mail, e-mail and telephone calls
- Taking notes and minutes at meetings
Some bureaux have receptionists who act as the main link between the public and the CAB.
Receptionists do the following kinds of things:
- Greet clients and make them feel comfortable
- Arrange appointments and answer phone calls
- Provide information on the CAB Service to clients
- Manage the waiting room
- Keep records